Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Barak Reuben Washburn

Barak Reuben Washburn was born August 8, 2009 at 6:19 pm. He weighed 9 lbs and 5.4 oz and was 22 inches long. Katrina started feeling mild contractions at around 2:30 am and really went into active labor around 12:00. We went to the hospital around 3:00 and 3 hours and 19 minutes later Barak joined us.
Katrina is talking to her mother just a little after Barak was born (She looks good doesn't she!)

Katrina's sister Amy came down and stayed with Lizzy so I could stay in the hospital with Katrina and Barak. Thank's Amy, you are the best.


Lizzy was a little unsure about her new brother, but she is warming up to him.



And here he is, just moments after he was born, hence the purple hands.

4 comments:

California Washburns said...

Congratulations!!! He is adorable! I wish we lived closer so I could come cuddle with him! Katrina does look great.

We love you and wish you a quick recovery (Katrina & Barak!)

Please enjoy... said...

I'm so happy for the two of you. And yes, Kat looks good :)

Tiffany W. said...

so, so, SO cute! Can't wait to give him loves! Don't let him get much bigger before Christmas, k?! ;)

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations! I really need to come down and see you guys. I've been in Oregon for two years now. I have no excuse!